Monday, November 2, 2009

Sermon series on Galatians

I began a new series of messages through the book of Galatians yesterday at the church. I am going to use my blog to highlight each weeks message for those not able to be in the service and for those who would like to have some of the information that I shared in print.

My goal is to build into chapter 4 during the Christmas season. The birth of Christ is spoken of in verses 4-6. “4.But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, 5. to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons. 6. Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father."

My prayer is that chapters 5 & 6 will be an inspiration to all as we begin the new year. They focus on living by the Spirit, the fruit of the Spirit, and the law of sowing and reaping.

I am combining Galatians 4:6 with Galatians 5:16a for our series theme. “Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts;… so I say live by the Spirit.” It is beautiful to know that we are children of God, that His Holy Spirit lives in our hearts. It is very important that we seek to live by the Spirit.

I will recap Sunday’s message tomorrow.

No comments: